Simple Solutions for the Complex Needs of Specialty Pharmacies
Specialty pharmacies need solutions that go beyond the capabilities of most pharmacy management systems. PrimeRx provides specialty pharmacies with a technology solution for their unique record-keeping, patient care, and analytical needs.
PrimeRx accomodates specialty and retail pharmacy needs through a customized workflow process. Our system can easily be programmed to manage multiple customized specialty prescriptions while a separate script processes regular prescription workflow.
PrimeRx Specialty pharmacy focuses on high-cost, high-touch medication therapy for patients with complex disease states—medications in specialty pharmacy range from oral to cutting-edge injectable and biological products.
What to Look for in a Specialty Pharmacy Management System
Combining patient prescriptions into a single order – or “batch” – offers a convenient way for patients to manage prescriptions and helps boost medication adherence. PrimeRx allows pharmacists to easily provide this service – with just a few clicks.
- System should seamlessly submit claims using standard NCPDP messaging codes
- Automatically format claims to meet each payor’s precise requirements
- Demonstrate compliance with all accreditation requirements
- Seamlessly collect pertinent data on all aspects of pharmacy operations
- Analysis of medication usage and outcomes
- E-mail, text and phone reminders when a refill is required
- 24/7 capability to request refills
- Two-way messaging which allows a patient to send a note back to the pharmacy
- Targeted, Disease/Condition-Specific Messaging Allows a specialty pharmacy to group patients based on their condition or illness, and generate texts reminding patients about the importance of adherence
- Interactive Care Team Engagement whereby a patient’s care team is provided with regular updates regarding a patient’s condition, including adherence-related information
- Automated packaging solutions that reflect the unique characteristics of many specialty medications
- Reference materials provided at point-of-sale that help patients understand their medications
- System should seamlessly transmit approval requests directly to the payor
- Capability to track request status until it has been acted upon
Customized real-time reports to meet the patient and business needs unique to today’s specialty pharmacies. Report capabilities should include:
- Patient progress
- Patient referrals
- Specific information requests from payers and manufacturers
- Claims status.
- Business-related reports regarding financials and performance
- Proper documentation for any audit inquiries
- Ability to seamlessly exchange patient information in real time with patient care team providers
- Easy-to-use process for managing core dispensing and refill workflows
- Ability to customize key functions to reflect unique pharmacy needs
- Ability to easily update patient information and include notes and observations
- Electronic prescription processing
- Automatic tracking of patient progress and adherence
- Medication synchronization to boost adherence
- Insurance verification.
- Automatic claims filing
- Extensive report capabilities
- Automatic inventory management.